EFHPA believes that patients have a fundamental right to patient-centred healthcare that respects their needs, preferences and values. Our role is to:
- Represent patients in Europe using or seeking homeopathic treatment.
- Defend these patients’ rights and interests.
- Work towards homeopathy becoming integrated into EU healthcare policy.
- Raise awareness of the benefits of homeopathy with EU healthcare authorities.
- Lobby for harmonisation in the implementation of the EU Directives pertinent to homeopathic medicines throughout Europe leading to equal availability of the treatments and medicines to all EU citizens.
- Support the founding and development of national homeopathic patients’ organisations.
Before EFHPA became an independent organisation, it was developed as, and met regularly as a patient/users’ sub-committee of the European Committee for Homeopathy (ECH), to which it remains affiliated.
EFHPA was formed in October 2003 in response to the EU Commission wishing to deal with one organisation on behalf of patients. The European Patients’ Forum (EPF) was created to fulfil this role and EFHPA is its member.
EFHPA memberships include: European Patients’ Forum (EPF), European Public Health Alliance (EPHA), ECHAMP (European Coalition of Homeopathic and Anthroposophical Medicinal Products), EUROCAM.
EFHPA was founded in October 2003 by a decision taken at a meeting of the members of the ECH Patient/Users sub-committee in Marseille and is registered according to Belgian law.
EFHPA, Drève de Lindebeek 4, 1640 Rhode-Saint-Genèse, Brussels, Belgium
Post and Secretarial Office:
EFHPA c/o Homeopathy UK, at CAN Mezzanine, 49-51 East Road, London N1 6AH, United Kingdom
- Ms Sato Liu, President, UK
- Ms Fabienne Gigandet, Vice-President, Switzerland
- Mr J Wim Menkveld, Treasurer & EuroCAM Liaison Officer, Netherlands
- Ms Jennifer Hurstfield, EPF Liaison Officer, UK
- Ms Cristal Skaling-Klopstock, ECH Liaison Officer , UK
- Mr Mario Hopp, Communications Officer, Germany
Our privacy notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe. To view the Privacy Notice click here: Privacy Notice